GSOC 2017 Projects
- Summary: Overhaul our AI system based on Behavior Trees originally implemented by Synopia, who left a new version nearly complete. Improve usability, utility, and docs/tutorial.
- Student: dkampersky
- Mentors: oniatus, kaen, jellysnake
- GitHub: https://github.com/orgs/Terasology/projects/7
- Slack: #ai
- Summary: Finish the integration of Gestalt asset + module and implement some content and utility that put them to use. Overhaul code base to make it follow standards and newer libraries. Fix up the Box2D editor and/or other tools for making ships and such.
- Student: vampcat
- Mentors: rulasmur, rzats, manu3d, Avalancs, Cervator
- GitHub: https://github.com/orgs/MovingBlocks/projects/1
- Slack: #destination-sol
World Stuff! (Sectors)
- Summary: Introduce support for more complexity and optimization in worlds, including sectors for better seggregated simuation, surfaces for better maps and pathfinding, maybe eventually world types, multi-world, etc.
- Student: vizaxo
- Mentors: skaldarnar, rzats, oniatus, msteiger, Cervator
- GitHub: https://github.com/orgs/MovingBlocks/projects/4
- Slack: #worldgen