Date/Time: 3/15/18 midnight
Equipment: Singer heavy-duty sewing machine
- Christian Joseph (diagnosis)
- Jake Lee (writeup)
Images Album: https://imgur.com/LDGJyFS
- The bobbin holds thread under the bed of the sewing machine.
- The bobbin case holds the bobbin under the bed, and spins along with the rest of the mechanism.
- When sewing, the thread is chewed and stitching is inconsistent.
- Manually turning the wheel is rough and inconsistent.
- Taking bed panel off and inspecting the mechanism actions make it clear that the bobbin case is not spinning as it should.
- The needle pokes into the plastic of the bobbin case, resulting in chewed thread.
- The bobbin case needs to spin consistently for the stitches to be formed correctly.
- The bobbin case will be replaced.
- The entire sewing machine was replaced due to additional issues with the action.