What do you do when you want to relax your mind but at the same time afford yourself some low impact exercise? One great suggestion would be to go kayaking. This type of activity is relaxing in that you are surrounded by water. The sound and appearance of water can be soothing to your senses. Paddling is a physical activity that can release tension and stress at the same time.
If one of your purpose for kayaking is to quiet the mind, it would be advisable to do it in calm, open waters like the quiet parts of the ocean, lake or river. The type of water craft you should be paddling must be the touring kind too. This the right kayak for open waters.
There are various types of kayaking water crafts and you need to spot the perfect kayak for open waters specifically. Below are things that you need ensure:
• The kayak can fit two people and an extra space just in case you want to bring your child or pet along.
• The weight limit of the kayak is high, having extra capacity even if there are 2 or 3 of you in the kayak.
• Regardless of the weight, go for a kayak that you can easily put in and get out of the water.
• For additional safety purposes, the kayak has to be in a bright color, and comes with a double-sided or single-sided paddle board.
• The product comes with other useful items like adjustable and double-sided paddles, manual air pump rear tracking fin, and repair patches.
• There is a watertight storage compartment to put in stuff that you want to keep dry.
• The seats are padded and can be reclined according to your preference. But while the seats can be adjusted, it needs to be stable and immovable during rides.
• You can comfortably get in and out of the water craft. If you do not like confined spaces, choose a sit-on-top kayak for open waters.
• If you will choose an inflatable kayak for open waters, make sure that its inflation gets done in a short time.
• Regardless of the material, make sure that the kayak you will purchase is stable and firm, especially if you are going to use it in the ocean.
• A cargo net on top of the storage compartment to keep other gears in would be an advantage.
• The product must come with a warranty.
• There are testimonials and product reviews that back the kayak. It must be proven durable.
While looking for these qualities, you need to make sure that you buy a kayak for open water that is within your budget.